Sometimes you may not fancy living with the people you have got to know in Halls or your course, or you may be coming back from a year abroad and needing to find some housemates.
Here’s a few places to start:
- Unipol regularly organise house hunting events and mixing days. You can contact Unipol to check the next event.
- You can also use Unipol’s student-to-student noticeboard to find housemates. You can have a look at what rooms students are advertising as well as posting what it is you are looking for.
- You may want to consider living or staying in University of Leeds accommodation.
Before you decide who you want to live with, make sure the property is right for you and that you think you’ll get on with your housemates. Once you sign you are taking part in a legal contract and can be difficult to leave, so any doubts need considering. Some questions to ask yourself:
- If the housemates are in different academic years, will they have the same study patterns?
- Are you happy with the location?
- Is your individual room and the common areas big enough for you?
- Are you happy with the price?
- Will you have joint liability and can you trust everyone to pay the rent?