I am being charged for extending my tenancy due to self isolation, is there any financial support available?

If you are unable to afford the costs associated with having stayed in your property due to self-isolation, or being unable to move in due to previous tenants still being in self-isolation and having to find alternative accommodation, there may be hardship funding available to you. 

You can apply to the University Financial Assistance Fund. To do so you should complete an enquiry form here

In your application it is essential that you can evidence both your current financial circumstances and the additional costs that you will face.

Please note, in order to be eligible, you must be able to evidence that you do not have the available funds to pay this yourself, nor have any financial support available to you (such as support from family members or friends). The fund cannot automatically cover additional expenses where you had the funds available. If you have an overdraft, this would also be considered available income unless you have reached the available limit.