I can’t move into my new house because the tenants are still there self-isolating

If you are unable to move into your new house as the previous tenants are still living in the property and are self-isolating, you should contact your landlord and letting agent as soon as possible. Your landlord may be able to offer you alternative short-term accommodation until you are able to move in. 

If you are not offered alternative accommodation, you should contact the university accommodation office who should be able to offer you a room short term. 

Your landlord should refund the rent cost for any days that you are not able to move into the property. 

If you are unable to afford additional accommodation, please see our related articles below as you may be able to receive support through the Financial Assistance Funds. To be eligible for the fund, you will need to be able to evidence that you have no means to fund the additional accommodation yourself.