I’m an international student with a tier 4 visa can I be an external student?

If you are an International student on a tier 4 visa and you become an external student you may be asked to leave the UK.

This is because you won't be going to lectures and classes anymore so you won't be meeting the conditions of your visa.

You can read more information here.

The University has to let the Home Office know if your student status changes. You can find out more about this on the International Student Office site here. 

If you've got any concerns, please speak to the International Student Office.