I’m not happy with how my tutor/a member of University staff/ a peer is treating me can I complain?

In short, yes you can. 

The University of Leeds believes that every student and staff member at the University has the right to study and be taught in support environment free from harassment, bullying and victimisation.

If you are unhappy about they way a tutor, member of staff or a peer is treating you, you can submit a complaint under the Policy of dignity and mutual respect. You can read the Policy here

If it is possible, you should try and raise your concerns in person informally first, but if it isn’t appropriate to do that, or you don’t feel confident, put your complaint in writing to the Head of School or Service. 

If you want to complain about a tutor/ staff member: 

This procedure is the same as the University’s student complaints procedure, so have a look at the process in the related articles below. 

If you are making a complaint about a member of staff we recommend you contact us at LUU Advice. 

If you want to complain about a peer/student:

Complaints made under this policy will be handled in the same way as the University’s student disciplinary procedure. 

See related articles below for more details on this process.