How do I travel home as an international student during Covid-19?

If you are an international student who needs to travel outside of the UK, you will need to prove you have tested negative for the Covid-19 virus in order to travel. This means you will need a PCR test before you travel. These are currently not provided by the university but can be accessed in Leeds with prices ranging from £125-150.  

If you are a student who needs to pay for a Covid test to travel home (abroad), and you are in financial hardship, you can apply to the Emergency Financial Assistance Fund under a fast-tracked process. You can access this by contacting our LUU Advice team on . Our advisers will need you to fill in an application form and provide evidence of hardship in addition to the test requirements of the airline you will travel on or the destination you are travelling to.