Updated Articles

  1. I'm a sex worker, how can I report sexual abuse or exploitation?

    You have a right to work without being assaulted, harassed or abused - regardless of the work that you are doing.  You can speak to LUU Advice if you have experienced sexual assault or exploitation and we can talk through your options and suppo...
  2. I’m a sex worker, will I get in trouble if the University find out?

    Selling sex is legal in England and Wales but certain activites around the industry are still criminalised.  The University and your School cannot discriminate against you because you are a sex worker.  If you need mitigating circumstan...
  3. I’m a sex worker, what support is available to me?

    LUU can tailor the support to what you need, providing a confidential and non-judgemental space for you to have a chat.   We can help with any academic concerns you have, including help to submit mitigating circumstances. We can also help iden...
  4. I’ve been sexually assaulted, what help is there?

    There is a range of support both on and off campus and we can help you to get the support that’s right for you. Please remember it’s not your fault, no matter what the situation.
  5. How can I report a crime?

    Information on where to report a crime
  6. I'm a research student, how will the UCU strike affect my teaching?

    If you have any queries about your teaching whilst the strikes are on as a research student, we've hopefully answered it here.
  7. Will my deadlines be extended?

    Possibly - this is something to ask your School.
  8. I’m on a Tier 4 visa how will the strikes affect me?

    Information about attendance.
  9. Will my attendance record be affected by the strike?

    More information if you're worried about your attendance during the strikes.
  10. Can I claim compensation because my teaching was affected by the strikes?

    More information about claiming against the university.