The code of standards holds landlords who are in these codes to a higher standard. So they already have to meet the basic legal and contractual requirements and then more.
What these higher standards are depends on which code your landlord is in but generally you can expect:
- The contract will be written in reasonable terms
- The accommodation will be fully equipped and ready for the start date
- Repairs and maintenance will happen within prescribed timescales
- The property will meet high standards of health and safety
- If things go wrong, you can make an official complaint and get help
For full details of the code for living in a shared property please read here.
If you live in a larger complex have a read here.
- 0113 3801 290