Choosing who to live with is an important thing, so take your time with the decision and don’t feel pressured into signing something you are not comfortable with.
When it comes to renting there are multiple options available to you and it is important that you make the decision that’s right for you.
You can live in a big house which can have up to 8 or 9 bedrooms or you can live in a flat with 3 or 4 people and there are pros and cons to each living situation.
If you decide to live in a house with lots of people here are some of the pros to this living situation:
- There’s always someone around to have a chat to.
- Your house will be big.
- You may have a wider network to meet people, as your flatmates could introduce you to their friends.
- There is a good social atmosphere, with a big house there is always some fun things to do altogether as a house.
If you choose to live in a smaller place with less people there are some advantages too such as:
- Your flat could be quieter and this could mean more quiet time to study or relax.
- You may have more options for finding a house as there are fewer of you.
When deciding where to live, it may be useful to make a pros and cons list for yourself before you decide.
Once you have decided who to live with and have found a place, getting your contract checked would be the next best step, before you sign the contract.
LUU Advice have a free online contract checking tool you can use to check your contract. But if you have any questions about your contract you can come in and see us in the Union building.
- 0113 3801 420